Monday, November 29, 2010

Opening Christmas Presents Early...

Hubby and I have a serious problem about buying presents and not being able to wait to give them. We seriously have to wait 'til the last minute before we buy them....or else they'll get given to early then we have to buy more! LOL!
Well, I've tried really hard to work on that for Christmas this year...especially since it's Emily's first Christmas that she'll be aware of what's going on. Last year she was 7 months old and her favorite part was trying to eat the wrapping paper!
Yeah, sooo I FAILED...Emily has spotted one toy (I need a better hiding spot, but at least she couldn't reach it!) and I broke down and gave her 3 books and 2 movies already...I just get WAY too excited because I know she will absolutely love them! Matthew and I were the same way before Emily...maybe even worse!
So where am I going with this? Well, ever since I threw away all the squirting bath tub toys Emily has not been loving her bath time. I tried the fizzy bath drops that change the water colors...didn't phase her. I've tried singing, dancing, even turning on the bathroom heater...nothing makes her want to stay in long at all...until tonight.
We opened up another present! (I know, I know!) Don't let the pic fool you, she totally flipped over it!
Photobucket
We got her the Crayola Tadoodles Tug Boat....washable tub crayons, cute boat...just an awesome little gift. And boy did she LOVE it?! She looked at me a little funny when I started coloring on the shower wall...especially since we've had a little problem with her coloring on our walls lately. Once she realized it really was ok, she was loving it!!
Photobucket
My flower and her random marks.
Photobucket
The finished artwork.
As the water was draining out, I took a spare loofah and wiped all the crayon marks off. Who doesn't love an easy clean-up like that?! Of course, Emily had to add more after it was clean, but that was no big deal. I'm just glad she liked them and stayed in the tub to play for a little while.
We'll have to hope Santa brings her more of these :)

No comments:

Post a Comment